Thursday, October 25, 2012

This is who I am, this is what I do.

I am 18 years old, and consider myself to be somewhat of an expert on kids.
I haven't taken development classes, or read parenting books.
Everything I know, I have learned 100% from my own experience.
The families that know me well call me "The Baby Whisperer."

Here is why:
•I have babysat/and or nannied for upwards of 30 families
• I've been taking care of kids since I was 11
•I have cared for kids ages newborn and up
•I have cared for up to 6 children at once
(most challenging being 4 boys under 5 years old) 
•I have dealt with most every common ailment
 in the book, including but not limited to:
-Teething
-Growth spurts/growing pains
-Cold
-Flu
-Fever
-Allergies
-Vomiting
-Diaper rash
-Colic
-Sleeping issues
-Separation anxiety
-General fussiness
-Potty training
(trouble with&lack thereof)
-Learning, speaking, and other disabilities
-Eating problems

So, no, I'm not an expert by formal education, 
but I know very well how to care for children.
I want to share my opinions, experiences, and knowledge on this blog.
Feel free to comment, ask questions, and join with me in sharing your knowledge.
Thank you for reading.

-Alex, 
The Knowledgeable Nanny


No comments:

Post a Comment